Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Right now...

I'm sunburned...
ouch-my thighs are a lovely shade of red-eeek!

I have two kiddos sacked out. Exhausted from a long day, full of swimming and then playing with friends.

I have a crochet project that makes me happy--even though I don't love the yarn. (colors...ugh) I love the pattern. It's a star. It makes me happy.

My heart is breaking for a friend. A friend that has shown more grace in her situation than I think I am capable of mustering. She truly amazes me. Encourages me. I am praying for her--and so thankful for her example.

I'm reading The Spirit of Sweetgrass by Nicole Seitz. I read another of her books last year for review and fell in love with her writing.

Tomorrow I have a mani/pedi--that's a goooooooood thing.

It's my birthday week-that's a gooooooooooooooooood thing.

Today was a hard day in a lot of ways. My heart hurts today. But the thing is--this isn't it. It will get better. My Momma always says, ''this too shall pass'' & it will. There will always be bad days--but then, there are those days that take your breath. Those perfect days. They make all the bad days managable.

This is me.
Making it.
Day to day.

Now-the older boys are in bed & I have to do the trash run.
Tomorrow-after the mani/pedi. I get to resume 'farm duties' ...and
there will be chicken pictures
just for Rhonda. :)

No comments: