Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Fat Tuesday...

It's Fat Tuesday...and really in my life, that means nothing. LOL

It's just fun to type. HEE!

Fat Tuesday proceeds Ash Wednesday, which means Lenten season.

As a Baptist, Lent has not been something I have regularly observed. However, as an adult, I have on my own taken to giving up things. The idea of giving up something, of making an offering, appeals to me. Pressing into Jesus, taking something seemingly small but important to me & giving it back to Him.

This year Lent looms near & my thoughts are moving toward my sacrifice.

Methinks an Internet break. There I said it. That's what keeps coming to mind. Maybe a FB break? I think I want to blog through the experience--maybe just a set amount of time on the net?

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in his wonderful face, and the things of earth become strangely dim, in the light of his glory and grace.''
I want to run into Him this Lenten season. I want new vision. I want a pure heart. I want more of Him and far, far less of me.

No comments: