Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday, Monday...

da, da, da, da, da,da...

I got up this a.m. at 5:45. Well I woke at 5:44 one minute before my alarm--sweet! I *hate* the jarring effect of the alarm. Typically I wake on my own, after a few weeks of getting up early to the alarm. Today was a nice surprise.

I am not a morning person. I, if I had my way, would stay up till about 3 a.m. and sleep till about 9 or 10 a.m. However, having children and homeschooling kind of dampers that 'dream.' I have kind of formed myself into a morning person over the years. After having kids I found that getting up early, provided me with some needed ''me'' time. Now,I could take it at the end of the day, but by then I am typically spent and can't enjoy it the same way.

Today is our busy day. Monday's holds a full school day, Elijah's therapies (speech and occupational therapy) clear on the other side of town and errands. Today also starts the prep for our road trip at the end of the week. While I can say I have relaxed a good bit, I will never been able to just wait till the last minute/fly by the seat of my pants, when it comes to trips. :D So yes, today begins the list making of outfits to take/packing of the meds bag/finding the power cords/chargers for all electronics and laundry.

Today also finds me planning my crochet project for the trip. I have something in mind-I'll just have to see.

For now, it's almost 8 a.m., which means I need to wake the kiddos and get ready to get the day started.

Happy Monday, friends!

No comments: