Wednesday, January 27, 2010

home again, home again

and today we are home...

well we got home last night, but I after a quick facebook check in I started laundry, got kiddos into cozy clothes and called it a night.

today-we are recouping, tomorrow school! :) (the kids are VERY excited about that..heh)

our trip was really, really nice. we spent our time at the camp by the river. every morning I woke to the sun rising off the water and took my coffee listening to the river greet me.

there were walks on the sandbar, building of forts, exploring in the woods, riding the four wheeler, campfires, smores and lots of conversation.

the best part of it all-it was like family.

visits are always fun, but when you visit with people that are part of your heart...that know you, it makes the visit even more special.

we were able to worship with two separate church families.

God used the time away, the difference in scenery, the quiet to speak to my heart. situations that I have over thought and circumstances that I can't control, gained a new perspective-i love that.

it's good to be home.

it's also good to have a home away from home.

:D

No comments: