Saturday, April 24, 2010

hold on loosely...

[or finding God in 38 Special]

[ponders how many readers (if I had lots of readers...hee) I would lose for tying God and 38 Special together...]

[oh well, He spoke from a donkey...I figure He can use a little 38 Special]

hi.
my name is cheri
and I am a control freak
ok
maybe not a complete freak
or maybe I am
I just like to know what happens next.
I just do.
I like to feel secure in it...no surprises popping out at the last second.

Why do we think knowing is security?
Sometimes in our quest to KNOW...to secure whatever it is...we lose it
cause we are holding it so
very
tightly.

[this is where 38 Special comes in...hee!]

Hold on loosely, but don't let go
if you cling to tightly, you're gonna lose control
God doesn't promise to tell us what's going to happen...
He promises to be with us WHEN it happens...
Our hurrying around, trying to orchestrate things, getting things in order, making things just so...having a flow chart and time line...
none of that benefits HIM
He already knows.
You know what it does.
It robs US (me!!!!)
of ...
what?
LIFE
It's a trick of Satan. The prince of this world...is out to steal, kill and destroy...Satan LOVES to rob us of ABUNDANT LIFE. So if he can get us fixated on events or things going on...if he can get us distracted into a tizzy trying to FIX AND PLAN and make it all make sense...
then he wins.
We lose sight of ALL THAT WE HAVE...
and what we have ,is the promise of a God that loves us more than anything, that HE is going to take care of us...
provide for us...
be gracious to us...
lavish peace upon us...
shower us with good things...
but we are holding on SO tightly to our agenda...how we want it to work out...
that we lose joy...
we lose today...
we lose laughs...
we lose love...
we lose memories...
hold on loosely
[but cling to Him!]

No comments: