Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mid-week


Today I finished a scarf. An uber soft and fun...swirly, twirly, heather grey beauty. I'm making it for the auction we're having over at Middle Places to benefit Rapha House. I'm going to make a pair of equally soft and snuggly handwarmers to accompany it.  When the auction goes live, I will link ...I'd love for you to bid and to make a difference in the lives of those that Rapha House helps daily.



Do you love that I put what the above picture was... Ha. I mean, really, did I need to do that? Probably not, but it's fun...so there you go. ;)  Yes, Chicken Noodle Soup. I have a sick husband and three kiddos , all battling a summer cold. See, you might think, don't you mean a fall cold? Well, no, I don't. It was 92* here today-we are still full on summer. So, I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup with tons of garlic and hopefully this stuff be exiting our home soon. 


Ah, and we made this today too! We did a little study of Johnny Appleseed. (brought on, by the fact, my 3rd grader had no clue who he was....so, um, yeah...lol) and then made this tasty apple crumble pie. Everyone loved it!

I was talking to a friend tonight about the shutdown and she summed it up beautifully. 

God  > Chaos

If I choose to look at what my eyes can see. If I grab on to the worry and the wondering...I will waste so much time--trying to fix something I have no power over.  I have to trust that God is able , more than able to care for us. We are essential to Him. :)

Here's to a great rest of the week! 

No comments: