Monday, October 14, 2013

Nourish

It's Monday...
and a holiday.
The husband is home 
and we are doing schooling lite...


I finished a fabulous book over the weekend.
Bread and Wine 
by
Shauna Neiquist....
It's a mix of faith, encouragement , recipes and about making the journey matter.

It made me think about food a lot.
and being nourished...
by life.

I loved this...
I'm realizing this after what seems like a lifetime of saying to myself, ''well, you can't be expected to do something hard on a day like this, can you?: I did expect more from myself, and I did do something hard, and I am thankful.

I had a bit of feasting this weekend.
As someone that doesn't eat sugar 
(because it makes me feel like a crazy person and makes me crave more and more and more and more...I just do better going without it)
eating it is double edged....

I always romanticize it...what I'm missing...
I remember it being so much better than it actually is...
and so  eat it-
hoping...
for a glorious reunion...
but instead 
I eat it and remember...
it's not what I thought it was going to be...

kind of like life, huh?


So, it's Monday...
and I'm back on track...
a bit of feasting...
and now some fasting...
some balance.

I started the morning reducing some balsamic vinegar by half...
i love it-on
everything.

and then I make a big pot of the simplest soup...
filling.
nourishing.
and with a splash of the reduced balsamic...
the coziest lunch...
that doesn't leave me wanting more...
or with regrets.

and water...
with lots of ice...
in a pretty glass.



day by day...
choices...


I am thankful. 

No comments: