Sunday, September 29, 2013

Looking ahead...


We did it. 
Today we trekked the three hours for Donald to unhook from his chemo pump.
We did a major two + week grocery haul
(our little town has one grocery store and gigantic prices, we do better to shop in the big city)
We drove the three hours home. 
The boys unloaded the van.
I put stuff away for an hour.
Then.
I went to Dollar General and stocked up on Puffs Plus
and cough drops.
Because 
I have two sick people 
in my house. 

But I have a stocked pantry and fridge.
I have IronMan 3 on dvd.
I have Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice, & Peppermint Mocha creamers.
And I have a menu for two weeks
which I'm sure you'd love to see:

 (as a note, since school started, we've been walking 3 miles a day for P.E. This brought on the kid initiated idea of Meatless Mondays )

Monday: Veggie Lo Mein (from HERE)
Tuesday: Honey Chicken & fried rice (from HERE & HERE)
Wednesday: Alfredo bake and a squash and zucchini torte (from HERE , the veggies will just be thinly sliced, drizzled in Olive Oil and sprinkled with italian seasonings and then roasted)
Thursday: Mini Meatloaves , mashed potatoes & roasted broccoli
Friday: Homemade cheese stuffed crust pizza
Saturday: Zuppa Toscana & homemade bread
Sunday: Chicken Pot Pie (repeat from last week, but it was requested)

Monday: Veggie Enchiladas (from HERE , these are crazy good!)
Tuesday: grilled chicken, roasted veggies with quinoa
Wednesday: baked potatoes & roasted tomato w/ basil soup (from HERE)
Thursday: Pork tacos (dr. pepper pork in crockpot/shredded) with rice & beans
Friday:  Pizza (yes, every Friday)

There will also be an Apple Crumble Pie this week. Anna Elizabeth has managed to get all the way to third grade without knowledge of Johnny Appleseed. This huge gap of homeschooling educational standards ;) was brought to my attention, after she got off the phone with my Aunt (a teacher) who was preparing to dress up and teach her kids about him, last week. 








1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for sharing the menu. Always on the lookout for new ideas. : ) I've had a weekend of slothful eating and need to do a major grocery run (and get my running groove back on) this week. : )