Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I'm looking for something in red...


Ah, today. 
Today included a very , very long school day
(it wasn't a bad school day...it was just a long one, with lots to cover and go over)
It all started with me oversleeping...
which meant the whole day had to kind of shift...
which put us walking later...
and starting school later...
and putting dinner in the crockpot, later.

Oh, yeah, there's more ...
I pull the Boston Butt out of the freezer to discover that my crockpot was cracked.
CRACKED.
I've never in my life had any such thing happen...
but today
(fittingly)
it did.

Which meant I had to leave the house and go buy a new crockpot.
Now, I have a nice ...shiny...six quart...red...crockpot....
and for dinner we had this: 


you can eat it on a sandwich...
you can make a taco...
you can make nachos...
and you can also eat it the next day for lunch. :)

We ate dinner an hour and a half late...
due to the broken crockpot/time it took to go buy another/prep
and having finished school two hours later than usual...

and the toilet was clogged..
and I did four loads of laundry...
and there was early morning (well, as early as early can be when everyone gets up late...) angst
ah, parenting.

But I'm learning...
if *I* am the common denominator...
then *I* need to work on me. 

I'm finding that honing my schedule, reveals more that needs to be honed.

I'm realizing that I can't do it on my on-
and my utter dependence is on Him.
and that where He leads me...
He has already provided .
I'm learning a lot about trust.

a beautiful quote I read the other day...

"I've learned to kiss the wave that knocks me into the Rock of Ages." 

(amen)

Tomorrow morning , early...
Donald heads up to Midland for treatment.
Prayers are always appreciated.

No comments: