Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Undeserved

I'd like to think
that I deserve grace...

that my goodness...
my works...
my ideas...
make me worthy...

I'd like to think
that by not choosing to do somethings...
it catches God's eye
and puts a check in the ''winner'' column.

I'd like to think
that because I think it-
I heard it-
I read it-
that it makes what I've decided to apply regarding it-
Truth.

But in the end.

Jesus was not only a great teacher..
or great thinker...
or great speaker...

He was a great do-er...

He fed the five thousand...
He washed the disciples feet...
He ministered to the woman at the well...
He raised Lazarus from the dead...
He ate with sinners...

He was a verb.

He went about doing.

He had standards.
He had demands.
He had expectations of his followers.
He didn't sugar coat...
or condone.

He acted.

He said-if YOU love me FEED my sheep.
Not if you love me put it in your status feed.

He said to GO into the uttermost parts of the earth and
SHARE his Word.

He said that we would be known BY our love.

He said
that until you've removed the plank from your own life-
that you shouldn't worry with the dust in someone else's eye.

He said...
that He wanted us to be vessels of honor...
that were broken and poured out...
used up
and emptied
in service
to Him.

He didn't make it where we deserved it...
or so  that we could earn it...
because He wanted us
to get LOST
in what it was like-
to be LOVED
utterly and completely...
and He wanted it to
COMPEL
us to
GO out
and SHOW that to everyone ...

No comments: