Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer check in...

Ok.

So remember at the beginning of summer, I wrote out my goals/plans.

They were good things...
and...

June was a good month.

July, however, spun out of control. :)

Ok, so maybe THAT was dramatic. But July ushered in my mother getting shingles & to this day she is still suffering. She literally took to her bed (SO NOT LIKE MY MOM) and has only gotten up to go the dr & to sit up for a bit in the living room. The pain for her has been awful. Combined with the fact she has severe RA and her immunity is already compromised--it's just been a hard battle for her.

With her shingles onset, my 'plans and goals' took the path of the wayside.

The 10 lbs I lost in June-I found again in July.
The walking I had faithfully done in June--disappeared in July.
The writing of the Psalms/Proverbs--turned into quick snippets of *reading* them in July.

But that is what August if for...
for recommitting and restarting and resetting goals.

So it's August 13th...
we are rebounding from all four kiddos being sick...
my daddy having an abcessed tooth over the weekend...
my laptop dying...
my uncle getting staph infection...
my mom still dealing with shingles...

but

I am resetting goals.

today is day one (or two, actually!)

July was no a wash.

I got A LOT accomplished by way of prepping for school.

AE is so excited to be starting Pre-K.

Life is kind of like that.
It's never going to be neat and tidy.
It's rarely going to follow the plan or schedule.
The key, I'm finding, is learning to adjust your sails.
And that sounds so cliche.
I know.
But for me-it's just the truth.
Life may not be what you imagined it to be...
or take the path you thought you'd walk...
but
it's still your life
You still get to live it...
you still can rest and know that God is there-
with you...
guiding you on the 'plans and goals'
He's had for you all along.

There is comfort in that, huh?

Happy Thursday.

3 comments:

Joyful Mother said...

That is SO true - "Life IS like that". Hugs for you Cheri and good for you for going onward and upward and our dear Nattie used to say!

Stephanie said...

I love how you just pick up where you left off and start over ... such an encouragement when it's easy to get bogged down in what didn't get done. Love this. And sometime I want to know what you are doing to get skinny. You are looking good and I need some serious ispiration!

Joy said...

Thank you for this Cheri!! I've been having a rough week and thought I fell off the bandwagon (and honestly was ready to give up). But this inspired me...I'm going to keep at it because now I know that I can make it and everything's going to get better :)