Thursday, October 15, 2009

Seven


Jah approaching 7
Originally uploaded by Kudzu and Koolaid
My Elijah...

His eyes shine,
his smile melts my heart.
He's my last little boy...
He can reading,
and he's wiggly,
he loves candy and wrestling and hanging out with Nathan.
He's stubborn
and willful


Sometimes, you don't realize how easy things come-
until you have one that struggles
and you watch them
and everything in your Momma heart, cheers them on
and yet
they struggle.
They fight so hard
for what come naturally for others.
And your heart
breaks into a million pieces
when the reality of childhood happens-
and some kid, (or adult)
won't take the time, to listen or try to hear,
and you watch him-
realize that...
and you fight to teach him, that he's worth it
that he's got so much potential
and talent
and that one day
one day
the voice that struggled to be understood
will shout from the mountaintops.

Elijah, you came into the world one October morning,
in your toddler days you woke me each morning with, ''good morning my beautiful momma.''
and now my mornings are filled with you saying, ''would you like a hug from your piece of toast'' or you reading to you.

I love you, more than you can ever imagine.
I'm always on your side.
You've got a friend in me.
Happy Birthday!
<3