Sunday, July 12, 2009

a lot

that's it

a lot

heh, that pretty much sums up things. I feel like everything, happens, a lot.

I've been researching curriculum and putting together next years stuff, a lot.
I've been working on weeds in my childrens lives, a lot.
I've been working on weeds in my life, and fleshly attitudes within myself, a lot.
I've been working in the garden, a lot.
I've been working on that stinking pool, a lot.
I've been reading a lot.
I've been emotiona, a lot.

a lot.

The curriculum is coming together--I'm still making some decisions, not sure what the final decision will be..but that brings me to my next little blurb. :)

I'm taking the next two weeks to restart. I made my summer goals and I can honestly say that I am not displeased with my progress in all areas--BUT, the last week and a half or so has served to distract enough that I feel like I need to REFOCUS. That is what I plan to do. Two weeks of focused attention on diet, exercise and plans for schooling.

My twin from another mother, Alicia-sent me a delicious journal and I plan to dive into it during this time too.

My mom currently is suffering from shingles--my kiddos were not vaccinated with the chicken pox vaccine and have yet to have them--so I am assuming I will have at least one kiddo come down with that in the next 2 ish weeks...but we'll have to wait and see.

I pulled out "my utmost for his highest'' this weekend. It has always been one of my favorite 'go to' devotionals. I love Oswald. I love how he shares Truth!

I'm scared about a lot of different things. Not scared like, fearful. Just scared of the unknown. I'm thankful that God goes before me.

I'm learning that it's ok to say things are not ok. People don't recoil in horror or surprise when they realize you are having a yucky day.

I love the Psalms. I identify with David, so often.

I was reminded again, that you just never know what people are dealing with today. It's so easy to just assume. I am praying that God keeps me aware. That I stop long enough to really talk and more importantly to listen . I have been so guilty of not doing that.

I pray that this week is a good one for yall! We are half way done with summer. WOW.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Miss you when you are not around but hope the next two weeks are GOOD. Much hugs sent your way. :)

katho said...

{{{hugs}}} preebee cheri....a lot of hugs!