Monday, March 7, 2011

Rememberance Stones

This is from the archives at Flickr...
but much the stirrings of my heart currently...
remembering
making a mark
...

Rememberance Stones
I have three boys and up until the third I had never really dealt with finding treasures in pants pockets.

I know it is not an uncommon thing with boys-they find things, they have treasures that need a home and so their pocket is the logical place.

Elijah, my third born is a pocket stuffer. He is funny the objects change, but he forever has a treasure in his pocket. For a while it was three small men that came with their mega sub set at Christmas. Then it was two rubber balls. There was the handless Anakin, the whistle/light from speech and most recently rocks.

He is funny. He wanted pants with pockets to sleep in so that he could have his treasures. LOL

Because of his latest love I have a collection beginning on my kitchen window sill. The big one on the bottom, he found on his way to speech Thursday, it's shaped like a heart & that find made him feel more than incredible. He.had.discoverd.a.heart.shaped.rock.!!

I love that kid-and all that he brings into our lives.

I'll remember...

Each of you heft a stone to your shoulder, a stone for each of the tribes of the People of Israel, so you'll have something later to mark the occasion. When your children ask you, 'What are these stones to you?' you'll say, 'The flow of the Jordan was stopped in front of the Chest of the Covenant of God as it crossed the Jordan—stopped in its tracks. These stones are a permanent memorial for the People of Israel.'" --The Message

No comments: